Carbon Monoxide Detectors

CARBON MONOXIDE is a tasteless, odorless gas that is impossible to detect without a monitoring device. It is produced in many ways with the most common way being fuel combustion during heating and cooking. Combustion engines like those are found in automobiles, snow throwers and lawnmowers, which create carbon monoxide while in use. Blocked chimneys, flues or a damaged furnace can also allow carbon monoxide gases to enter the home.This colorless odorless gas is a byproduct of gas appliances throughout your home. This gas is very potent and if not monitored can leave to sickness or even death. One CO detector should be on every level of your home.

The most common Carbon Monoxide detectors plug into your wall and have a battery backup. Interconnected units interface right into your already existing system, making your home even more safe.

Just like smoke detectors, you should have a CO detector on every level of your home. Interconnected units are optimal for alerting the entire household.


Kidde model KN-COSMXTR-BA